GLOBAL BLOGGER WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
Thanks to our wonderful judges - VIVO's Angela Vithoulkas & Blog.Commbank's Julie Hamilton - we're pleased to announce our 2 winners of our Global Blogger Search
$20,000 Travel Experience for Winner & A Friend
Catriona Wallace - Fifth Quadrant; ACA Research; Avoclean
Winning Blog : Devil Wears Grey
$10,000 Travel Experience for Winner
Lady Danielle Di-Masi - Next Business Leaders
Winning Blog : Have High Tea & A Blog with a Lady
Stay Tuned for where they choose to travel to...and for their blog while they're away!
To all our other amazing bloggers...we'd love you to continue blogging for the Women in Focus community...and stay tuned...we have some ideas in mind for you :)
WE ARE SEARCHING FOR OUR 'IN MY SHOES' GLOBAL BLOGGERS!
Women in Focus is looking for two amazing bloggers to launch a personal blog at womeninfocus.com.au and blog from New York Fashion Week or Tanzania Volunteering & Trekking! We’re looking for bloggers to write about life and business In My Shoes.
You blog from New York or Mt. Kilimanjaro and take a friend with you! Valued at $20,000
You blog from New York or Mt. Kilimanjaro! Valued at $10,000
If you win you get to choose where you go! And both winners can choose the same destination. The travel gurus at Sportsnet Holidays will be taking care of all your bookings.
You’ll be blogging during your trip and when you get back!
Here’s your choices of blogging destinations:
New York Fashion Week
New York is a fashion capital where dreams are made! Be part of the New York fashion week buzz during September 2012. If you’re our global blogger you’ll attend an evening fashion event as a VIP (including an after party!) and share your amazing experience with the Women in Focus community via your blog.
This global blogging trip is for you if you are excited by the sounds of paparazzi, catwalk music, the hustle and bustle of city life, and hearing the click of your heels on the pavement!
- 5 nights accommodation in New York from 12-17 September 2012
- Return economy flights from your closest Australian capital city
- VIP Pass to an evening fashion event during New York Fashion week (at a Couture Fashion Week event)– you’ll be taken there in a limo!
- Get a backstage tour at the event
- Exclusive entry to an after party
- A dinner cruise and a Broadway show
- Two short tours in New York City
Meals and minibar aren't included.
Mt. Kilimanjaro is the highest walkable mountain in the world! While based in Moshi, at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro, during this 2 week trip you will spend time educating kids in the local community, spotting wildlife, and trekking in the foothills of Mt. Kilimanjaro. If you’re our global blogger you’ll share your amazing experience with the Women in Focus community via your blog (probably after you return if there’s no easy internet access!).
This global blogging trip is for you if you are excited by the sounds of children laughing, pink flamingos running, African tribal music and the sounds of leaves and dirt under your boots!
- Up to 14 nights accommodation in a shared dormitory volunteer house, Masai Mud hut – this cultural experience by no means 5 star! You will need to be prepared to live as the locals do.
- Return economy airfares from your closest Australian capital city to Nairobi, and then Kilimanjaro
- Volunteering at a community project in Moshi
- Wildlife spotting at N'gorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara National Park
- Overnight in a traditional Masai village
- Trekking in the foothills of Mt. Kilimanjaro (If you want to do less volunteering, more trekking during the 2 weeks we will help to arrange your itinerary!)
- All meals for the trip
Competition Starts: 3pm AEST Thursday 22 December 2011
Competition Ends: 5pm AEST Friday 30 March 2012
Winner Announced: Wednesday 4 April 2012
How to enter
Become a personal blogger on Women in Focus!
You’ll need to
- Log in and go to your profile page and start a Personal Blog – go to your profile and click on Create a personal blog, or see the full instructions here
- Write at least 1 post on the topic of In My Shoes. Each blog post only needs to be up to 500 words. You don’t need to add images or do any formatting (other than using bolding!)
- Share your blog with your friends, ask them to log in and comment, spread the word through social media and show us that you can build a following.
**Ladies - please remember that for your friends to comment they need to first create a free profile at womeninfocus.com.au and log in**
What makes a good blog? Check out some of our tips.
60% Writing Skill- Unique, insightful relevant and clear messages are what we are looking for. Women in Focus community has a business audience and the topics of your blog should reflect this, and help to inspire, inform and / or connect them. We’re looking at this because when you’re a blogger from New York or Mt. Kilimanjaro we need to make sure your writing style will suit the audience.
20% Social Engagement - Spread the word about your blog! We’ll be looking at the quantity and quality of comments others have made on your blog post/s, and engagement through social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter.
20% Blog Name – We’ll be looking at the creativity of the name you have given your blog and the title of your post/s
You can write as many blog posts as you like – we will be judging your blog overall, not individual posts. Volume of posts alone does not make you more likely to win!
To be eligible you need to (amongst other things)
- Be an Australian resident and be over 18 years of age if you select to go to Mt. Kilimanjaro, and over 21 years of age if you select to go to New York.
- Have a complete profile on womeninfocus.com.au
- Not be a member of the immediate family of Commonwealth Bank or Sportsnet Holidays
If you win the first prize to take a friend with you, that person must also fulfil some eligibility criteria, but is not required to make an entry to the competition.
Please make sure your blog contributions haven’t previously been published elsewhere on the internet. All the contributions must be exclusive to womeninfocus.com.au
The travel gurus at Sportsnet Holidays are coordinating both the New York and Tanzania trips. Once we confirm you are the winner, one of their friendly staff will be busy booking all your accommodation, flights and show tickets. We’ll be in touch with you regularly about your blogging…all the logistics will be up to the travel experts!
You’ll need to take care of your meals, minibar, internet and incidentals yourself. There is no cash prize or shopping budget allocated as part of the prize. You’ll also be responsible for buying and packing your own bag for the trip, including your own clothing, laptop, camera, towel, umbrella etc.
Please remember to consult your doctor prior to traveling in case any travel preparation is required (such as vaccines).
Being our blogger won’t mean you’re a Commonwealth Bank of Australia employee.
If you started a Personal Blog on the Women in Focus community prior to this promotion you will still be entered in the competition if you create at least 1 blog post during the competition period. You can change the name of your blog and any blog posts until the competition closes.