Highlighted
Contributor

Your Brand Is Your Personal Promise

POSTED BY: ImageConsultants

Your brand always begins with your values. What do you stand for?

Many of you know that my personal promise is:

"To help professional women close the leadership gap by helping them craft a leadership brand that enables them to claim the positions they deserve"

I've become known by many as the go-to personal brand expert for professional women. When I set out to serve professional women in 2007, I knew that I had a gift to share. The past ten years have been nothing short of inspirational. Whether I have delivered a leadership branding program for an organisation, a keynote or have worked with a professional woman one-on-one, being clear on my brand promise has made the experience for both myself and my client positive and effortless.

Every six months I reflect on my own brand and ask myself if I have been truly living my brand promise? Have my actions been in alignment with my values?

It's easy to list values on a website, or write them down on a piece of paper but how often do we really live them out aloud through our actions?

Have you ever experienced that feeling of confusion and disappointment when you meet someone in person for the first time to only discover that their social persona is nothing like their "real life" persona? Its deflating and a real reality check!

I wanted to share an exercise with you called "Back To The Future Thinking" courtesy of Brian Tracey. Its an exercise I have used to help me clarify the value I bring to my clients and it can help you crystalise your brand promise. Watch it here.

As my network has continued to increase, I wanted to say thank you to all of you who have connected with me, hired our services, who have read my articles and who believe in my driving force. Because some of you are new connections, I wanted to take a moment and share with you the six core values and the promise I deliver to you and my clients.

"Janette's strength is that she takes the time to get to know you, your brand personality and your lifestyle. Janette's goal is to let your true style shine through so that you can focus on your strengths." Sue

"Janette is honest in her opinion, which I love and is always so positive. I am actually amazed at how she still knows what will work for me and what won’t three years on." Michelle

"As soon as we met Janette we knew she was the right person to lead our women in mortgage business network seminar series across three cities." MFAA

"If you are looking for someone to inspire and assist you in finding the confident person you want to be, Janette is the first and only person I would call." Sara

"Janette knows her stuff! She is incredibly personable and loves doing what she does. She knows how to translate sensible and realistic advice." Danielle

"Janette's natural ability to identify with her clients is amazing. I left feeling empowered. She listens intensively and has such a warm and caring nature." Sara

Thanks for taking the time to connect and share my articles. I hope this exercise will help you get clear on your personal brand promise as it did for me.

Ultimately, this all comes back to the legacy you want to leave, the lives you want to impact and the person you want to become.

Styling Your Success

Janette
Signature-Final-17-2.jpg